Don’t we all want to see that little emoji next to our usernames on Snapchat? No one really knows what it entails, but we all want one. Well join Virlan if you too are curious about how you can Get Verified On Snapchat. Here is everything you need to know.
Get Verified On Snapchat
If you’re verified on any social media platform, you’re probably a pretty big deal.
On Snapchat, this is actually called ‘official stories’, with the status given to people who get a lot of views on their stories regularly.
Those who are one of the chosen ones will have a little emoji next to their name and when you search for their username they’ll appear under an official stories header.
The type of emoji varies and will be determined by Snapchat.
What is ‘Verified’ on Snapchat?
In 2015, Snapchatters started noticing little emojis appear next to celebrities’ usernames on the Snapchat app. However, if you try to do this yourself, you will notice there is no real option for it.
Snapchat quietly started verifying celebrity accounts so that users know which one is the official account to follow. This is quite similar to Instagram’s Verified account where the user gets a blue tick next to their username on their account.
Snapchat has not divulged how many accounts it has currently verified, though if you search for a celebrity on the app, you will see other verified accounts recommended to you to follow.
What are the criteria to Get Verified On Snapchat?
To become official, Snapchat will want to see that you’re a real person, so make sure all your details are correct.
The next thing they’ll want to ensure is that your stories are popular to qualify for official status.
As a general rule, you want to be getting in about 50,000 viewers per story, which is no easy feat but can be done with a mixture of luck and great content.
If you have a YouTube channel or lots of followers on other social media platforms, consider promoting your Snapchat there.
Can you get verified on Snapchat?
Unfortunately, Snapchat doesn’t have any official way for your business or brand to get verified on Snapchat. There’s no official submission form that you can fill out with all of your details to get verified.
Generally, it’s something that happens automatically, but not in a traditional way. Not only that, but it can take Snapchat a really long time to this; however, there are some ways that you can speed up the process.
How to get verified on Snapchat in 2021?
What’s this verified on Snapchat 2021? Snapchat has been verifying celebrity accounts to know which is the official account. This is very similar to the Checked account on Instagram, where the user gets a blue tick on their account next to their username.
Snapchat has not revealed how many accounts it has actually confirmed, but you can see other verified accounts suggested to you to follow if you check for a celebrity on the app.
Can anyone get Verified on Snapchat?
While there is no reason for you not to get verified on Snapchat if you meet its criteria, thousands of users claim that even though they have the views, they have yet to be verified on Snapchat.
Snapchat itself gives no clarity on the matter. However, there are a bunch of people who claim that they managed to get their accounts verified by simply appealing to Snapchat, mentioning that their accounts were being duplicated.
How to get Snapchat verification?
Here is the trick. Snapchat itself has to verify the accounts, but if it is not working just try the steps provided below.
- Download the Snapchat app and then login with the account you want to get verified
- On the top left corner of the app click on Bitmoji avatar. Then go to settings by clicking on cog icon on the top right corner of your profile
- Then scroll down to ‘I Need Help’ under ‘Support’ and from the list of issues you can select My Snapchat isn’t working.
- Scroll down to the last choice now, then select the option. Scroll down the page to the bottom. You will be asked if there is anything else you need help with. Select Yes. Then select My problem is not mentioned.
- This will bring up a form to fill out. Fill in your username and other information on the form. In the last box, you will be asked to describe your problem. This is the most important one.
- Here you need to convince Snapchat that there are fake accounts popping up with your name, and your followers are finding it difficult to recognize which one is yours. Make it as sensational as you can.
- The form also has an option to upload an attachment. Use this option to upload some form of identification yourself. This helps Snapchat know that they are dealing with the right person and not an impostor.
- Now go ahead and send the form out. It is supposed to take 4 to 5 days for Snapchat to get back to you. You will receive an email from Snapchat letting you know if your account will be verified or not. If you do not get verified, go ahead and try sending out the form again!
How to speed up Snapchat verification process
- Build your brand or company
The best way to get verified on Snapchat is to build your brand or company’s presence up on social media. Get people engaging with you, sending your stories to friends and family, etc. On Snapchat, you don’t really get verified, but you do get put in something called Official Stories, and it can take quite a bit to get your company or brand in this.
It’s worth noting that the type of emoji that’s used in your verification is completely up to Snapchat (the type of emoji used is determined by them, and it generally varies as well). There’s not a single emoji used across all accounts.
So, how do you get this status? It might take a stroke of luck, as getting 50,000 views per Snapchat story is an insane feat. You have to be a social media guru. If you’re just starting out, you probably know that this is going to be an uphill battle. But, with some determination and know-how, you can do it.
Speed up Snapchat verification process
- Promote your brand or business
The best way that you can increase your Snapchat engagement, followers, and viewership is to use other social media platforms that you’re popular on to send folks over to your Snapchat.
You need to get people sharing and sending your stories to their friends and family. Using other platforms to do this is one of the best ways to increase viewership.
But, what if you don’t have a popular presence anywhere? Then we’re definitely in an uphill battle, but it’s nothing that some persistence and determination cannot solve. The best thing you can do is stay active and engage with other people.
Constantly post stories, snap with potential followers, and keep doing it. Eventually you’ll gain a good following, and when it gets large enough, it’s essentially a domino effect — once you get enough viewers watching your stories, eventually you won’t have to do anything, and your followers will essentially handle the marketing for you. Before you know it, you’ll be getting well over 50,000 views per story.
More options to get a Snapchat blue badge
- Step up your content: This is an obvious one, but good HD content is pivotal in increasing your followers. No one wants to view content shot on a potato.
- Personalize your Story: Unlike Instagram, Snapchat is up and personal. So your followers want to know the real you, what you do every day, what you like, etc. Personalizing your story will help your audience connect better with you.
- Interact with your audience: Snapchat has some cool tools to use to create polls and other interaction on your story. Use these creator tools to engage your audience.
- Do an SFS: Shoutout For Shoutout is a great way to reach a new audience. Set up a script and request another creator to give you a shoutout on their channel.
- Cross-platform promotion: If you have accounts on other social media platforms (like everyone else in the world), use these to promote your Snapchat account. You might have followers there that do not know how to find you on Snapchat.
What happens when you get verified on Snapchat
One big perk is multiple logins. For normal accounts, Snapchat only lets you log in from one device. If you log in to another device, you will be signed out of the first. However, with verified accounts, you can log in to multiple devices. This helps celebrities post stories from their content creation team, while simultaneously clicking a selfie halfway across the world.
Another add on is the way Snapchat promotes verified accounts. One big annoyance with the app is that you can only find someone if you know their exact Snapchat username. However, with verified accounts, you can simply search for the person’s real name to find their Snapchat account. Additionally, verified accounts are always suggested when users search for other verified users.