If you wish to level up your experience on Instagram, there are some lesser-known Instagram Hacks. You can learn about best Instagram filters, find out the right time to post on Instagram to get the best exposure, unfollow people who are not following you back, and more. With that said, let’s get to our list that helps your social media marketing, shall we?
10 Cool Instagram Hacks
Since its launch, Instagram has become the biggest photo-sharing social media service on the planet. One of the biggest reasons behind the success of Instagram over its competitors was the fact that it was extremely easy to use. However, as it always happens with any service, to stay ahead of its competition, Instagram had to keep on adding new features which have made the service a bit complex over the years. What that means is that many of Instagram’s cool powers are hidden and most users have no idea how to access them.
1) New hacks for Instagram: Change filter strengths
Instagram originally made its name through filters, which overlay your image and make it look great. Today, filters are still the first set of options you see after you snap a picture in the app. What you might not know is that, once you’ve selected a filter, you can change its strength to get a more subtle effect.
To set how dramatic the alteration will be, choose a filter-> tap on the thumbnail again-> and a slider you can use to adjust the filter strength will appear-> While you’re toying with these settings, here’s a related tip for hiding away the filters you don’t often make use of scroll all the way to the end of the filters -> tap Manage to add or remove options you like or dislike.
2) Simple Instagram Hacks: Customize fonts in your bio
This first trick helps make your profile stand out on Instagram. You can write your profile bio in cool fonts, which are usually impossible on Instagram. The trick is to use a third-party service like IGFonts, Instagram Fonts, or LingoJam to convert your usual text into a cool text written using some special font.
Alright, let’s see how you can do it:
- Open one of the given services on your mobile.
- Type your profile bio inside the text box.
- Tap one of the produced texts and select Copy.
- Open Instagram, click on the profile icon > click Edit Profile.
- For the Bio field, paste the copied content, and finally save it.
3) Post Instagram Photos Directly to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and, More
If you are someone who is posting the same picture on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, or any other social media website for that matter, instead of posting pictures on each website individually, you can set up your Instagram in such a way that whenever you post a picture on Instagram, that picture is automatically posted on all your other social media accounts.
To do that, all you need to do is go to Profile -> Options -> Linked Accounts, and link your social media accounts. From next time, whenever you post a photo on Instagram, you can select the social media platforms on which you want to share that photo.
4) IG hacks: Schedule the upcoming posts
Instagram misses an important feature an option to schedule posts for the future especially for business users and influencers, who post frequently for driving user engagement. Fortunately, there is a neat trick for just that.
There are scheduling tools, which allow you to set a future date and time to any post for posting it on the future Instagram. I’ll later talk about Later since it allows you to schedule 30 free posts per month and offers more features.
- Download Later, open it, and set up an account on Later.
- On the Media tab, choose a photo, and click Create a post.
- Choose a profile, type a caption, then click Next to schedule it.
- Click on Pick a Time, choose the date and time for scheduling the post, and hit Save.
It will auto-publish your post if you’ve a business profile on Instagram, or it will send a notification to publish the scheduled post. You also need to know When is the Best Time to Post on Instagram.
5) Cute Instagram Hacks: Get alerts from your favorite people
We’re all fighting against notification overload from our smartphones . Luckily, you can adjust your notification settings so you’ll only see alerts when the Instagrammers you’re really interested in post something new. This option only works for users you’re already following, and it’s also pretty well hidden inside the app. Also Read:
6) IG hack: Disable Activity Status For Direct Messages
Some time back, Instagram added a new activity status feature which allows users to see when you were last online inside Instagram’s Direct Messaging or DM. The feature is quite similar to WhatsApp’s last seen feature and allows users to see when you were last online.
On your feed, find a post from the person you’d like to get notifications from and tap on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of it. Choose Turn on Post Notifications to get an alert for new updates.
However, if you are like me and hate this feature, thankfully there is a way to turn it off. All you need to is go to Profile -> Options -> Show Activity Status and disable it. However, remember that just like on WhatsApp, it’s a two-way street.
If you don’t want others to see your activity status and disable this option, you also won’t be able to see anyone else’s activity status.
7) Other hacks: Create All-Text, No-Photo Stories
If you wish to publish posts without sharing photos and videos, Instagram’s Create Mode helps in creating artistic and engaging text posts. You can write text on a colorful background in five different fonts (Classic, Modern, Neon, Strong, and Typewriter). Additionally, you can add GIFs and stickers, change the font size, and/or highlight text. Here’s how to enhance your stories:
- In Instagram, tap the camera icon in the upper-left corner.
- Swipe the text at the bottom of the screen from right to left until you see Create along with Aa — this is the Type Mode in Instagram.
- Choose a background color using the button at the bottom-right.
- Tap on the screen to type your text. While you’re typing, click the font name at the top to change it, move the slider to change font size, and pick a color at the bottom to customize the color and make it perfect.
- When you’re finished, click Done at the top-right to finish writing.
- In the Create Mode, you can swipe Aa to the right to get additional create modes including Shoutouts, GIFs, Templates, Questions, Countdown, and Quiz.
8) Make your Stories more private As Instagram Hacks
Instagram hasn’t been shy about ripping off Snapchat’s best features, and Stories is already a characteristic feature of the platform if you want to share something that doesn’t agree with your grid aesthetic, this is where to do it. But before you do, you can choose who can and can’t see these temporary posts.
Stories don’t appear on your Instagram profile, and you may not want them to be as publicly viewable as your main feed. Open the Profile tab, go to the Instagram options page (hit the menu button on the top right), and select Settings -> Privacy-> Story Control. From here, you can hide your Stories from specific contacts. You can also go to the profile of the person you want to hide your stories from, tap on the three dots on the top right, and choose Hide Your Story. Also Read:
9) Get Free Analytics, Direct Call and Email Buttons and More
Instagram has a very nifty feature called Instagram Business which once activated not only gives your free insights into your accounts analytics but also allows you to add direct call and email buttons, promote your posts, and more. To do that, just go to Profile -> Options and then tap on the “Switch to Business” option. Here, follow the steps to activate your business account which will give you access to all the above-mentioned features.
10) Most Useful Instagram Hacks: Filter or disable negative comments
You can filter inappropriate and/or offensive comments from your profile posts on Instagram. It offers automatic blocking of offensive comments per general ideas and also provides options to filter custom words per your preference. Here are the steps to disable or filter inappropriate comments in Instagram:
- Go to your profile > click Menu, then Settings.
- Tap Privacy in the menu, then choose Comments.
- Tap the switch named Hide Offensive Comments.
- For advanced controls, switch on Manual Filter and then switch on Filter Most Reported Words for optimally blocking the comments. You can also enter comma-separated words or phrases to filter specific content.
That’s all about some of the most handy tips and hacks for Instagram. Do you find them helpful?